A Spelling Guide for Obama -- A New Rolling Eyes Column! ((0) (0))
Since President Obama struggled with spelling "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" recently, here is a spelling list he needs to study:
1. M-A-L-A-Y-S-I-A: Since he forgot the first E in "respect," he needs to remember that the Y in Malaysia comes after the second A, not the first. Okay?
2. M-A-L-A-C-C-A: This word may cause trouble for him since the speller must double the C, not the L. He probably saw the Malacca Straits as a child. Right?
3. V-I-E-T-N-A-M: 58,193 American soldiers gave their lives there during the Vietnam War, according to militaryfactory.com. Easy to remember!
4. C-R-I-M-E-A: Although this word begins with "crime," it refers to a part of Ukraine, not Chicago--and it adds an A after "crime." Simple spelling rule!
5. U-K-R-A-I-N-E: Spelling this word is easy, too. It includes all the English vowels except O. If Putin can spell it correctly, the American president better, too!